Tuesday, June 9, 2009

How Did They Do It?

About a year ago I was preparing for the move here to Portland and now I am making the move back...without packers. Yep, you got that right. We are the movers and the shakers in this operation. I have come to greatly respect those that can pack up an entire house in 1 day. I don't know how they did it but the three fabulous girl power packers did just that to move us the first time. Here I am today with half-filled boxes everywhere and my mind headed straight to crazy. If you have any moving/packing tips, I am all ears. For now I think I am going to just focus on ONE room at a time and then move on to the next and the next and the next because this half & half house is ridiculous. I can't wait to have one cleaned out room (even if it is my closet) completely free of boxes or things to put in boxes. I'm keeping my fingers crossed with hopes this new method will work.


4 comments:

Jen Z said...

Oh, I feel for you, girl. We had 2 days to load our POD thing, with a new baby, and I don't know how we would have done it without a bunch of people helping. Our 2 glass tables didn't make it after all the time we spent wrapping them in blankets and mattresses, so I'd say if you have big glass objects like that, sell them on Craigslist and get new ones here! Do you still have all the boxes from your move out there? Wish we could help you.

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Wish I could come to help. At least you didn't have time to accumulate a bunch of new stuff since you weren't there for a long time. You DIDN'T accumulate a bunch of new stuff, DID YOU?

Aunt Julie said...

I feeling your pain. Seriously. do you think the "Box-Free Zone" will last?

Something In The Glass said...

It is an art, NOT a science.