Friday, May 30, 2008

A Sad Day, Day 1

Today was my last day at the job I have been working at for seven years. The two people who were my supervisors and I have grown so close to in the past seven years are more like family. I had continued to try not to think about leaving them and busied myself with day to day work tasks. Today I was unable to do this. They gave me a card wishing me well on the adventures to come: new workplace and new home in a new state. I couldn't hold back any further. I cried. Then I got back to work and finished training the new girl. I just got home a little while ago and I really broke down. I will miss these people very much. They were not just co-workers. They are and always will be my friends, confidants, and most of all family. I love them so.

No comments: