Wednesday, January 21, 2009

School Daze

How did it happen? How do I find myself doing 4th grade homework?...well not doing homework but helping with homework and it is just as hard the second time around (if not harder). Family Tree with interviews and posters, Hebrew Portion Presentations, and Lewis & Clark projects (which I knew next to nothing about -In OK you learn about The Trail of Tears, Okie Sharecroppers a la The Grapes of Wrath, and other Oklahoma historical events. Here in Oregon you learn about Lewis & Clark.) Poor B and me, we've got so much homework to work on that she gets maybe 20 minutes of free time before bedtime and I am soooooooo behind on housework. I think I am gonna go nutso!!!! Don't get me wrong. I appreciate the education she is getting and the fact that she is being challenged BUT the poor kid gets the majority of her daily homework completed in aftercare and still has a full nights worth of work to do when we get home. Something has GOTTA give or the laundry monster will take over mah house and the dirty dish monster is runnin a close second for take over rights!

Tonight we work on Hebrew and I will try to get some treadmill time in between laundry loads. I might be up til 1am but by golly, stuff will get done tonight!!!

How do you balance work, life & homework???

7 comments:

steenky bee said...

EEK! I'm so not looking forward to doing the children's homework. I still have two or so free years until that sets in. As for balancing it all, if you find out, let me know how!

Claremont First Ward said...

Poor thing. Is she is a private school?

Unknown said...

ooooo I dont like homework....we(mr gp aka not sawyer) and I break it up into our stregnths...that is the only way we get through homework...well we pray the beans are smart and can do their homework on their own too....

Aunt Julie said...

Sad to say, but once each of my kids hit 4th grade, I pretty much was unable to help them with their homework...how did math get so hard in the last couple of decades?

Michelle said...

Who are you helping? New to your blog. but it says you only have one child...and she doesnt look old enough for homework.

Yep, we are here in OK and I have to throw in Lewis and Clark. Trail of Tears and all the Indians. We are learning it now, as a matter of fact.

Something In The Glass said...

Thank goodness I have a few more years before this nightmare sets in. I can't balance life as it is...

Kally said...

Michelle, thanks for stopping by. Yep, only one kiddo. She is 10. The one in the pic is my little baby niece. I would be confused by that too (if I didn't know).