Friday, March 6, 2009

Mmmm Cake and More

Dinner last night went off great!!! I did have to make an adjustment/shortcut to my applesauce cake because of time constraints. -I didn't get to do it from scratch so I went the sorta home made route. (I just don't get how Rachel Ray can do a dish in just 30 mins. Am I doing something wrong here? It took me a little over an hour to get my food finished.) For those of you interested in a Super Duper Easy way to make an applesauce cake when you have a limited amount of time, here you go.

1 & 1/2 cups of applesauce
1 box of white cake mix

*Don't follow the directions on the cake mix box. All you have to do is mix the above 2 ingredients together. Non-stick spray your pan and throw it in the oven @ 350 degrees for 30-40 mins. (I left my cake in for 35mins.) And Ta-Da!!! You have a cake.

***For a topping I made a glaze. Of course, the Mr complained because he thinks all cakes are supposed to have icing on them. This cake is so versatile you could do just about anything with it: top it with sugared strawberries or any fruit of your choice for that matter. I think the next time I do this cake I am going to put some dried apple slices in the batter, then top it with a fruit and serve ice cream on the side. Does that sound yummy or what?!?!

This weekend I am taking Miss B to the mall and then a B-day party. I have been asked to bake something for some business peeps coming to Computer Co next week. Any suggestions??

9 comments:

Jen Z said...

Mmmm... have any easy pesadich recipes I can try? :)

A.D. said...

YUM...that sounds so good. I've made a few RR meals in 30 minutes, but only because I'm running around the kitchen like a crazy person the entire time. By the time dinner is ready, I'm exhausted!

Xazmin said...

Sounds delish! I must try it! If you want a yummy baked treat for you visitors check out this brownie recipe I posted a while back. It is seriously so good.

http://this-istheyear.blogspot.com/2009/02/recipe-of-week-21409.html

I am Harriet said...

Hi.
Stopping by via SITS to say HELLO!

Tanielle said...

Yummy! I will definitely be trying this! Have a great weekend!

Tanielle said...

Yummy! I will definitely be trying this! Have a great weekend!

Aunt Julie said...

DEFINITELY gonna try some applesauce cake! BTW, starting a new Pop'rs Giveaway tomorrow!

Deborah דְּבוֹרָה said...

I've got an apple cake baking now, your recipe. I used chunky applesauce, and i figured some caramel sauce drizzled on top would be good!

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Deborah דְּבוֹרָה said...

turned out well! very yummy! definitely get some caramel sauce to drizzle on it!