Thursday, March 5, 2009

Watching AI on My Terms

I am an American Idol cheater. After the tremendously awful episode last week I was extremely wary of what was to come this week. So what did I do? I recorded Tuesday's show on my DVR and watched it the Kally way (Hmmmm, this guy is boring. Thank goodness I have fast forward!!!) I ended up ff-ing through about half of the contestants and since I didn't really feel a connection with any of them I wasn't worried about missing last night's results show. I still wanted to know who would make it through because I really liked Scott and a few others. Then I got smart and realized I am in PST and AI has to air for other time zones before mine sooooooo I went on the Internet and googled AI results and -badda BING-o!- I knew who was getting through and wild card contestants without having to endure all of the Seacrest drama: "And the person going through to the Top 12 will be.....announced after this..." -It was so nice not to have that going on and to top it off I gained an extra hour to do whatever I wanted. w00t!

Tonight I am having friends over for dinner. I am cooking the Mr's favorite pasta dish/casserole, a side, and an applesauce cake. I have to make dinner magically happen in about an hour so let's keep our fingers crossed that everything turns out and I don't have to cook the man way......ordering pizza :)

ETA: I must give Props & Snaps where deserved. When I commented on cooking "the man way" I did not take into consideration the above awesome cooking style of Mr E of the E Family. His cooking creations are fabulous! I even dream about his Mexican dishes some nights :)

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I love your way of watching American Idol. I really need to do the fast-forward thing, too. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah, I don't blame you. I stopped watching a few years back because there's only so much syrupy pop music that one person can take...especially when this person watches two other shows that are infinitely more important! :)

Eggo said...

hey!! i demand a retraction or qualification on the 'man cooking' comment!!

Kari orders the pizzas around here... J

Aunt Julie said...

I have to say, especially in the case of AI, that Fast Forward is the only way to go...have a fun dinner, and let us know how it turned out!

pixie said...

Don't you just LOVE TiVo? It's saved my marriage, honestly. And it's the only way to watch AI, with all the Seacrest blabber, recap clips, and horrible contenders (ie. Tatiana). I'll be thinking about you when I watch it in a sec!

The Joynes Girls said...

I really need a TiVo. So sick of Seacrest and Simon cheeky crap. And I really think Paula is legally drunk most of the time. But I really want Nick back. He was funny. And he CAN sing. *sigh*

Claremont First Ward said...

Oohhhhhhhhh.........please share the applesauce cake recipe!

Deborah דְּבוֹרָה said...

So going to make that cake!!


I have a new recipe, from Jessie, you must try, it's an INCREDIBLY rich (read: UBER fattening) Chicken Tetrazine that makes enough to feed a big crowd (filled, to the BRIM, a 9x13 pan).

muah! Make B do the kid's survey. I cannot wait to see how she replies!