Monday, March 2, 2009

My Dad

So when I told y'all about the Saturn Bootie Bump, I totally forgot to tell you about what my dad said when I called him and told him all about it.

First off you need some background on Dad. He is a total hypochondriac, over protective, over reactive. I lovingly think of him as the Drama King at times.

He called me late Friday night while I was running on my treadmill. The Mr took a message and forgot to tell me until Saturday night. Bad Daughter that I am I forgot and didn't call until Sunday afternoon.

Here are some snippets from our conversation:

Kally: Sorry Dad. Forgot to call yesterday because we were running errands and got rear ended by some Bungalow Joe in a blue mustang.

Dad: What?!?!!!! Iseveryoneokay?!!!! HowisMissB?!!!!! (He seriously talks like that when he is worried. It sounds like one big sentence word.)

Kally: She is fine. We all are fine. Car is okay. Don't worry.

Dad: Are you sure? Maybe you should go to the hospital. You know, that is why I called you. I just had a bad feeling. You know? Like something happened and I should call you.

Kally: Oh mah gosh, Dad. Nobody needs to go to the hospital. We are fine and Nothing happened Friday night. We had the accident late Saturday afternoon.

Dad: Yeah, well it was a feeling. I was tuned in..... Like a premonition. Well, what was that guy doing anyway that he hit your car???

Kally: I don't know but he obviously was NOT paying attention.

Dad: He was probably worrying about his girlfriend instead.

I love my Dad.

5 comments:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

He's cute!! I love the one long sentence...

Tricia said...

Stopping by from SITS to say HI!

Eggo said...

oh man! i remember a few of those conversations... you handled it well as usual...

miss you guys! JE

pixie said...

Gotta love Dad!

Xazmin said...

That's so sweet. Dads are the best!